Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcoming Some New Lillees to the World


The beginning of this week, June 1, 2010, to be exact, with camera in tow (which now is an extra appendage most of the time), I went outside to take some pictures. First, I took pictures of another gorgeous sunset here in southwest Virginia, but then spotted that the first lily of the season had bloomed . . . I turned to take some pictures not only for me, but for my granddaughter, Micaela, who loves flowers! After about 3 takes, I finished off my evening picture taking with another couple pictures of the sky and then returned back into the refreshing coolness of the air conditioned house and set forth to download my pictures. Of course, the download had to wait until the littlest grandchildren were all in bed and almost sleeping soundly! Twin A and Twin B have decided that sleeping in cribs (or pack and plays here at Meema's house) is for babies and not for them at all . . . what fun, but I did manage to get them to sleep in them anyway! Ha ha, Meema has been around a lot longer than those two cute little escape artists!

So, back to my story, I finally downloaded the pictures early the morning of June 2, 2010, and decided that I could go about editing some of the pictures. As I was looking over all of the pictures taken the night before, one stood out and it happened to have one beautiful lily which seemed to be flanked by the Welcome sign in the background. . . How appropriate to welcome my first lily of the season.

Shortly thereafter the editing began, but I also had learned that my friend, Sandy, was at the hospital waiting for the arrival of her second grandchild, Lillee. Not long after that, Lillee was welcomed into the world at 5:28 a.m. on June 2, 2010.

As I finished up editing my special lily, I had an "aha" moment and thought how sweet it would be to send a Lily to Lillee . . . and thus the following picture took shape and after it was finished, tagged for Sandy, so that she could have it to share with her beautiful new granddaughter, Lillee; a special little angel sent from above into loving arms of a mother, father, sister, grandmother(s), grandfather(s), aunts, uncles, and many, many more people!

So, Miss Lillee, I hope that you enjoy the beauty of your name and know that you are a very special lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment